Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Visions of Healing From God, Warnings of Witchcraft

"And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance." Acts 2:4
Recently friends prayed for us during a recent retreat I was attending. The three ladies where charismatic, speaking in tongues, interpreting, sharing visions received. The messages were powerful. I was told our family was embarking on a healing ministry...that we needed to TRUST him. God asked Jesse to let go of his fear, and I need to let go and let Him.  One instruction from God, given to me, was to "push back against witchcraft". I did not know what this meant. Nor do I fully understand what letting go means..am I supposed to stop studying, researching and seeking the best treatment for my husband?

There was also a vision of the four of us surrounded by black children...perhaps in Africa or distant land, as missionaries. I liked this vision...for to me, it meant, we will overcome this cancer and go on to serve the Lord as a family.

What does the Lord mean by witchcraft? Was God referring to energy healers, healing crystals - things my husband has warned me to be wary of? I was perplexed by this and praying for a more clear answer.  Two weeks later I was in a coffeehouse, and the owner, a sister in Christ, was telling me how she heard a radio program talking about Babylonian times and the that the word "pharma" in the bible is translated to sorcery and witchcraft.  BINGO!!!  This was my answered prayer and revelation! I was elated to have this answered.  It is an affirmation from God that we are too push back against conventional radiation and chemotherapy. At least until He reveals a new direction for our journey.
Strong's exhaustive concordance of the Bible, which lists every word in the Bible, lists the word "sorcery" as word #5332 and tells us that it is translated from the original Greek word "pharmakon." It gives the definition as: a drug i.e. a spell-giving potion, a druggist or pharmacist, a poisoner.

I believe we are being called to help others heal, both spiritually and physically, using God's medicine chest, the knowledge He is filling us with - which I believe is more powerful than any medicine cabinet full of synthetic prescription drugs, or capsules of toxic substances. I was instructed, through the gift of tongues, to meditate and pray for wisdom, to sit quietly and the Lord will reveal the direction we are to go.

An even more powerful image, is one described as Jesus up in heaven, waiting. Waiting for fear to be released, waiting for total submission...and once we give it up He will cast healing down from the heavens. Jesse will awaken, and his body shall be healed. I remember this image in moments of doubt or negative energy

My prayer request to readers ...please pray that I will stop searching for answers long enough to allow God into my quiet space and reveal the answers I seek.

Learning to trust and let go,
Rita
=================================================================================


Biblical references to pharma, drugs, medicine:
Sources:
The Bible (King James Version)
Rev. 18:23 and 24
Proverbs 17:22
Ps.104:14
EZ. 47:12
Strong's Exhaustive Concordance Of The Bible
Webster's 2nd Collegiate Dictionary

No comments:

Post a Comment